Tuesday 12 January 2016

Most anticipated books for 2016

So, you know which books I enjoyed most last year - now it's time to look at what's coming up this year! We've new(ish) authors and old favourites to look forward to.  Here's my pick of the bunch!

1. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare.  

OK guys, I said I wouldn’t do this.  I said I wouldn’t get myself wrapped up in another series that would probably leave me chewing on my fingers for years to come.  Then the lovely B sent me the chapter sampler for Lady Midnight and then the nostalgia kicked in. Remember all the hysteria and the banter on twitter during the Infernal Devices in particular? The whole Will and Jem thing? The angst and the joy? I loved it! So I threw myself into Lady Midnight and was instantly left wanting more.  I’m completely screwed.  So that’s three more years angst yet.  And we’ve still got the one I’m actually waiting for as well – The Last Hours series so we still get a bit more Will and co. Rant over!  Lady Midnight comes out on the 8th March 2016


2.  The Power by Jennifer Armentrout.



I think it’s all going to be kicking off for Seth in this instalment of the Titan Series.  Battles going on between half and pure bloods and his struggle/relationship with Josie means he’s in for one hell of a bumpy ride.  I can’t wait! The Power comes out on the 25th February.






3. The Sleeping Prince


In part two of the the Sin Eater’s Daughter series Salisbury we get to read the story of Errin, a maker of potions for whom everythinIng seems to be falling apart, apart from her working relationship with one particular person, Silas, who seems to have a need for her poisonous potions.  Errin finds herself on a journey to save her family and ends up having to make a choice that could tear her world apart. The Sleeping Prince comes out on the 4th February 2016. And again, what a stunning cover! Instant love! 




4. A Court of Mist and Fury

A return to the ACOTAR series by Sarah J Maas. Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.
Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two. ACOFAM is released on the 3rd May 2016.


5. The Raven King



The Raven King is instalment four, and the final instalment of the Raven Boys series and I have to confess so far I haven’t read any of them.  I love Stiefvater’s writing style and for some reason I decided I would wait until all books had been released so I could read them all in one go.  The time is nearly here.  I’m hearing good things through non-spoilery book reviews that I’ve read and conversations that I’ve had so I can’t wait to get started.  I may be gone for some time…. Can’t wait!



There are tonnes more than this to look forward to but if asked these would be the first five that would spring to mind.  So, which books are you most looking forward to?



1 comments:

Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension a Blog said...

Uhh! I'm excited about completing the Raven Cycle too. Great picks you have. Thanks for sharing.

Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater