Sunday 3 January 2016

Favourite reads of 2015

So, here they are, my top reads of 2015.  I was going to keep it to five but an extra one kind of crept in there.  I hope you enjoyed these books as much as I did and if you haven't read them, seriously, I'd add them to your list! 


1. The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa

At the top for me it had to be the Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa.  I feel as though I’ve been reading this series since the dawn of time and that I’ve known the characters for as long!  The Iron Fey series came to an end after quite an epic journey this year and its ending was as every bit as nailbiting as I would have expected it to be!
2. Unforgiven by Lauren Kate

The Fallen series was one of my favourites of all time in YA literature, but when it finished the same question seemed to be on most people’s lips – What happened to Cam? This year we finally got to find out! Cam’s story is a sweet one, with new characters it’s easy to like pretty much instantly as well as the return of old names which give the book a lovely sense of nostalgia. Loved it.  Now all we need is this Fallen movie!

3. The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I’ll be honest, Armentrout could write a list of random words on a napkin and I’d probably think it was the best thing ever written.  There’s something about her style that I can fall into so easily! This is listed as a NA read and with The Return she takes us back to one of my favourite series, Covenant, with bad boy Seth being given a new challenge and a whole new set of problems.  Completely loved it!

4. The Sin Eater’s Daughter  by Melinda Salisbury

I made what can sometimes be a fatal mistake with this book – I fell in love with the cover.  In this instance I was not disappointed.  The story is refreshing, the characters engrossing and there’s an addictive element to this book that kept me turning the pages.  Loved it!

5. Rogue by Julie Kagawa.

Dragons! I’ve read a couple of series that are linked to dragons and it was refreshing to read the Kagawa take on them.  Rogue is part two of the Talon series in which we are offered a medieval George and the dragon experience in a modern day setting.  Throw in a budding and forbidden relationship between dragon and potential slayer and you’ve gotten yourselves an instant hit.

6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sara J Maas 

I love Maas’s style of writing and with ACOTAR she drew me straight into this new series. A modern day twist on Beauty and the Beast this series has a kick-ass heroine,  a well-developed storyline and provides an opportunity for you to row with friends and loved ones over who you think is the best male protagonist.  What more could you want?




Happy new year guys! Most anticipated books for 2016 coming next week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater