Sunday 15 September 2013

Stacking The Shelves #64 & Books Are My Bag

 
Stacking the Shelves
 
 
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your  shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All links added here will take you to goodreads.
 

Bungle's Shelves

So this week I was very good & I didn't buy any books which I can tell you was very hard! You all know I work in a book shop and I've been doing extra hours so I've been surrounded buy books almost every day for the last few weeks now. I'm being good!!!! BUT I did get sent some books for review :) This week I got a copy of Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor for the lovely folks at Hodderesque - these fab guys send books to Waterstones staff - as you can probably guess the Waterstones staff love this :) I was also sent a copy of Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin which I wasn't expecting so it was a lovely surprise :) I also got a new free ebook this week which was Saving Wishes by G.J. Walker-Smith. Not a bad week I think!
 
Yesterday, Saturday 14th, was all about 'Books Are My Bag' and here's why:
 
BOOKS ARE MY BAG is a nationwide campaign to celebrate bookshops. This collaboration between publishers, bookshops and authors and is the biggest ever promotion of bookshops. For many people bookshops conjure fond images of book readings, in-store cafes and delight at the discovery of a new author. In fact, 56% of all book buying decisions are made by consumers in a bookshop and high street bookshops (both chains and independents) still account for almost 40% of books bought by consumers. Yet, many high street bookshops are under threat.
                   
BOOKS ARE MY BAG aims to halt this process by celebrating the nation’s love of bookshops, calling on book lovers to show their support by visiting and purchasing a book from their favourite bookshop on Saturday 14th September.

Taken for the Books Are My Bag website http://www.booksaremybag.com/Default.aspx

It was a fab day at my shop, we had a brilliant time and even gave away bags full of books via a twitter giveaway. Customers had to come in store and say 'I'm Harry Potter and Books Are My Bag!' It was so much fun! We pled that you support your bookshops as none of us want to close!!
 
 Saving Wishes (The Wishes Series, #1)
 
So that's it from us! We off to see what you got this week!
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater