Sunday 28 April 2013

Stacking the Shelves #45


STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your   shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All links added here will take you to goodreads.

Well we've had another cracking week here at Midnight Reads!  Our beloved Bungle is finally on the mend and having spent a week looking after four children I have now planted my head fully back into my books! Fingers crossed normal services will be resumed soon and we'll be firing reviews at you from left, right and centre! In the meantime...

Bungle's shelves


This week has been brill yet again! For review I was sent No Where by Jon Robinson from Puffin & it sounds brilliant!! Also for review Doubleday (Random House) sent Lockwood & Co. The Screaming Staircase by the amazing Jonathan Stroud. It sounds & looks fantastic!! Now for books I bought, Valkyrie by Kate O'Hearn which I've been intrigued by ever since I first found out about it. I got Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore which my boyfriend will steal AND the best of the bunch for me this week, If I Should Die by Amy Plum!!!!!! Everyone knows I'm a big fan of this series & Amy, Die For Me was actually the first book I reviewed here on Midnight Reads & I can't wait to finish this series :) Thank you to the publishers who sent books for review.


Tom & Laura Clempson totally made my week & sent me an AMAZING chocolate fudge cake! I'm not going to lie, it didn't last that long! These two people are fabulous & know how to cheer a poorly girl up! They are truly talented & you should read Toms books if you haven't already & you must must must visit Laura's website & learn all about Cupcakes for Clara & all the amazing crafty pieces she creates for you to make. (I was not paid in cake for saying any of this, they really are fab!)


Sally's shelves


It's been another cracking week for me too! I've now got a real - life paper copy of The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa to decorate my shelves with! I did get a galley of this book for our review which you can find here,  but there's nothing better than having something on your shelves that you run your finger over. And then dust.  I also got a copy of Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I've really enjoyed the Lux series so I have high hopes for this one. Plus the picture on the cover actually looks like my tattoo! :D


So, that's us for this week.  I've got another cracking week coming up as three, yup, three of my most anticipated reads for 2103 turn up in the post tomorrow.  So relieved that there's a bank holiday weekend ahead of us!  

Anyhoo, that's enough about us, what have you been up to this week?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater