Sunday 17 March 2013

Stacking the Shelves #39


STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your   shelves, may they be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical stores or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All links added here will take you to goodreads.

Our Bungle is a wee bit broken at the moment so she's not pounding the books in her usual furious fashion. I'm sure she'll be back on her feet in no time and I've no doubt she's got a pile of books to catch up on some of which are included here today! In the meantime, get well soon B!

Bungle's Shelves



As most of you know I've not been well the last 5 weeks so I'm falling behind on everything!! There was no STS last week so I'll start with the 2 books I got then. Tom Clempson sent me One Seriously Messed-UpWeek-end which he has written & drawn all over, I love that author!!!! It made my week last week & each time I read I discover a new drawing & writing! Last week I bought Fallen Too Far by Abbie Glines as an ebook for just 99p!! A bargain for a rather brilliant author.

I had to go to work to hand in my sick note on Monday, which I hated!!!! But there were a few books waiting for me. The first was from Bloomsbury which was Hidden by Marianne Curley, I'd have bought this had I not been sent it by the publishers, I love the look & sound of it! I also received Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys from Penguin, again, I love the look & sound of this one! I did buy one book which isn't breaking the rules as its book 2, haha!! That book was was The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.

As I'm unable to read properly I bought my first audio book, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak read by Allan Corduner. I am loving it!!! I'll be buying more audio books because of this one!

And my last book was a new Bible, because on all honesty I just needed a new one :)


















Sally's Shelves


I got me a fine little mix of books this week, some of which I paid for and some I got for free! This week I got my hands on Asunder by Jodi Meadows #2 of the Incarnate series which I've been meaning to buy since it came out in January. Here's the blurb which I love!:

DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.
SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.
LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.

In this second book in the Newsoul trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.


I also got Article 5 by Kristen Simmons which is another purchase I've been meaning to make for a long time! I love me a dystopian read and this looks fab.  Here's the blurb:

New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don't come back.

Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren't always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it's hard for her to forget that people weren't always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. It's hard to forget that life in the United States used to be different.

Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.

That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings—the only boy Ember has ever loved.


As for freebies, I got Challenging Zed, by Joss Stirling which was released as an e-novella for Valentines day, so if you want Zed's back story and you want to find out what Zed was like when he was nine and when he first met Sky  this is the one for you!

I also got Bridger by Megan Curd, another book I've been meaning to get for ages. In case you haven't heard about Bridger, here's the blurb!:

Ashlyn McVean doesn't believe in fairy tales. That is, until Ashlyn is thrown into the crosshairs of grudges her grandmother created long ago. After finding out she is one of two people able to cross between faerie realms, Ashlyn is faced with trying to understand her abilities, along with navigating a new relationship with her boyfriend, Liam. As if being on a centuries old hit list and dealing with crazed pixies isn't enough, her new abilities mean trouble for Liam. Knowing her new life puts everyone she loves in danger, Ashlyn must decide what's most important in her life between friends, family, love, and ultimately, realms.

Finally I got Enigma by Aimee Ash! I've been looking at this for a long time and it's had some really good reviews so finally I got myself a copy!  Here's the blurb for Enigma in case you've not heard about it:

When KATE HARRIS moves to Long Beach California, she hopes to finally settle in her new home. She longs to have friends and fantasises about meeting the guy of her dreams. But after one dangerous night, Kate finds herself obsessing over a mysterious stranger who saves her life, and she embarks on a quest to uncover his identity. But her journey ends when she discovers her gorgeous neighbour, JACK JONES, who proves to be the welcoming distraction she needs.

Kate is deeply intrigued by Jack, and begins to feel differently when she’s in his company. She is flattered by the attention he showers her with and enjoys her newfound confidence. And even though their relationship symbolises young love, Kate soon realizes that Jack is anything but normal.

When Jack is forced to reveal his many secrets, including the curse inflicted upon him by his twin brother, Sebastian, Kate begins questioning what is real and what is just a mere illusion.

Jack refuses to make peace with his brother, and warns Kate to stay away from him. But Kate is drawn to Sebastian, and if she betrays Jack, the consequences of her actions will lead to devastation for them all.
















Sounds good no? So that's it from us this week! Hope there's something there to whet your appetite!  In the meantime, what did you get this week?



3 comments:

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Oooo! I have Fallen Too Far as well. I've heard it's soooo good! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your goodies this week! :)

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed Out of the Easy, and Ruta's Between Shades of Gray was even better. The Book Thief was awesome, as you mentioned. Article 5 was a disappointment for me, but I hope you enjoy it more!

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great haul. Hope Bungle feels better soon. I really enjoyed Article 5 last year, and Breaking Point is just as good.

My haul

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater