Sunday 23 September 2012

Stacking the Shelves #17


STSmall_thumb[2]

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tyngs's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more importantly we loving see what you add to your shelves. All the links added here will take you to Goodreads.

Bungle has been really good again this week and didn't get any books! I on the other hand have strayed on to the capitalist path on more than one occasion and ended up with five new books on my shelf.  This week I got my hands on The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.  I'm a huge fan of anything Maggie puts her hand to so I can't wait to start this new series. I also got my hands on The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson. Fire and Thorns was the first book I reviewed on here so I have a soft spot for this series.  The books read more like epics and are perfect for an autumn read in front of a fire. Am half way through and loving it! I also got Firelight by Sophie Jordan.  This popped up as a recommendation and I couldn't resist a peak!



I also got a couple of e-books on netgalley for review this week.  The first I got was Covet by Melissa Darnell.  I enjoyed Crave so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Savannah and Tristan next.  I also got Broken by A.E Rought.  This is the blurb that hooked me in:

Imagine a modern spin on Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein where a young couple’s undying love and the grief of a father pushed beyond sanity could spell the destruction of them all.

Intriguing no?  I have a good feeling about this one!





That's it from me this week. So tell us, how are you keeping? Bought anything good? We'd love to hear!




3 comments:

Chrystal said...

BROKEN looks so good. :) I cannot wait to get into my copy too! :) ENJOY YOUR BOOKS.

Kathy Martin said...

Nice bunch of books. I got The Raven Boys and Crown of Embers too. Your NetGalley books sound great but I need to stay away from there until I catch up on all the books I already have. My new book posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Stop by if you get a chance. Happy reading!

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

Love that cover for Firelight!! :)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater