Sunday 8 July 2012

Stacking the Shelves #7

STSmall_thumb[2]



Carnival, Paris (Woman reading behind stage)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's reviews. This meme allows us bloggers to tell you all about the books we have added to your shelves over the past seven days whether they be physical or virtual. This means we include books you can buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more then that we loving seeing what books you get each week!! All links will take you to goodreads.

Bungle's shelves

So Bungle was pretty good this week and only bought the one book although she did get extra treats from her favourite rep from Little Brown.  Only one book stood out for her this time around which was Snow White and the Huntsman by Lily Blake.  While she was impressed with the special effects (Have to confess  I was more impressed with the Huntsman...) she thought the storyline itself was, and I quote directly, pants.  That said books are so often vastly different to films and so Bungle was intrigued by the tale itself.  Rumour has it she's devouring the book as I type...

If you're anything like Bungle and I you're probably a little OCD about keeping the spines and covers of your books looking pure and untouched.  All that came to an end for Bungle this week though as she bought Wreck This Journal! by Keri Smith.  Each page has an instruction to follow and I can report that she has already started to wreck her journal, indeed I believe she has found the experience to be fantastically liberating!







 Sally's shelves

I guess I've been a bit cheeky again but then I did have some birthday pennies to spend so the credit card people aren't actually whooping for joy this week.  I got two books that I have really been looking forward to so am very pleased with myself.  This week saw the paperback release of Arise, #2 of the Hereafter series by Tara Hudson as well as Dreamless #2 in the Starcrossed series by Josephine Angelini.  I also decided to grab a copy of The Host by Stephenie Meyer as it fits in with my current run on all things dystopian, not to mention the fact that they just finished making the film so I figured I'd better be up to speed before it hits the cinemas!



 So that's what we got this week - what did you get?



3 comments:

SisterSpooky said...

i really need to get wreck this journal. i love it each time i see it

Liz. R said...

Ooh I enjoyed Dreamless, hope you like it! And I love the look of Wreck This Journal! Happy reading :).

Read Write Reviews said...

Wow Wreck this journal sounds so interesting! I will have to check it out!
Letterbox Love!

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater