Sunday 24 June 2012

Stacking the Shelves #5

 


Carnival, Paris (Woman reading behind stage)

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted over at Tynga's reviews. This meme allows us bloggers to tell you all about the books we have added to your shelves over the past seven days whether they be physical or virtual. This means we include books you can buy in a physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

We love sharing our books with you each week but more then that we loving seeing what books you get each week!! All links will take you to goodreads.

Sally's shelf

This week has been a VERY good week for me! For my Bank Manager, not so much...! The first thing I got this week was a fabulous surprise parcel from Bungle which contained four books! Now that's how a Monday should be!  Bungle sent me Vixen by Jillian Larkin, Shift by Em Bailey, The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder and The Seeing by Diana Hendry.  Bungle's pretty clued in to what books I enjoy so I can't wait to get into these! I was also given a copy of The Fallen by Thomas Sniegoski as a lend by my fellow book fan Poppy which came highly recommended so huge thanks you to Pops for letting me read it - I'll look after it I promise! I also got my hands on (and devoured) Rapture by Lauren Kate, one the of the last most anticipated books of this year.  It's utterly fabulous and I can't recommend this series enough.  I'll put up a full review when I've digested what just happened. Loved it! Finally, I popped into Waterstones and made the most of their offers! I treated myself to Unrest by Michelle Harrison (a Bungle recommendation :)) I also bought Heaven by Christoph Marzi (fell in love with the cover) Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton and because I loved The Fault in our Stars so much I also bought Looking for Alaska by John Green.  If it's anywhere near as good as TFIOS then I know I won't be disappointed!






Bungle's shelf

My first book this week is Heart Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne. I met Tanya a few weeks ago at the book launch for Emma Hearts LA and I knew I had her book & it was in my work pile of proofs :D I was really good again and didn't buy any books but my boyfriend bought two for me!! hehe :) (Genius! - Sal ) So also this week I got Uglies by Scott Westerfeld which I have been looking at for years now & never picked up. And The Glimpse by Claire Merle I've heard really mixed things about this one (I might not have bought it myself) but I'm happy to read to form my own opinion.



But that's enough about us! What did you add to your shelves this week?


4 comments:

Read Write Reviews said...

I cannot wait to read Unrest, the cover looks so awesome! I need to read the Uglies, I've heard so much about it but i just havent got around to buying it yet! Happy Reading.

Letterbox Love!

SisterSpooky said...

i enjoyed The Glimpse so i'll be interested to see what you think

Kelsey Simpson said...

You had a very good week.
Some great covers there.

Liz. R said...

Ooh some fab books! Heard lots of good things about Blood Magic, and I love the sound of The Glimpse! Happy reading :).

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater