Sunday 24 June 2012

Blogger Interview:~ Laura @ Into The Mornnig Reads



Today's questions have been answered by Jenny from Into The Morning Reads. Jenny has a beautiful blog and we don't think you'd be disappointed if you pay her a visit. We got to know Jenny through twitter and we're really excited she could answer our questions.

The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3)
image from goodreads
What is your favourite book?
My favorite (yeah, no "u" because I'm a wonky American :D) book is actually a trilogy combined into one paperback. It sits on my shelf & I read it every year over the summer. It's The Forbidden Game by LJ Smith who also wrote The Vampire Diaries & The Secret Circle. I bought what's called the Omnibus Edition back in 1997 (so imagine how many times I've read it) & I love it to death. I want EVERYONE to read it! Seriously, go read it!


Who is your favourite author?
Probably, if I'm honest, my favorite author is Dean Koontz. He's not a YA writer but he is the author I have read the absolute most books by. Though if you ask me who my favorite YA writer is I will also honestly answer that it is Rusty Fischer. He's an indie author that EVERYONE needs to read if they EVER liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer for her witty banter or they love paranormal (vampire/zombie/werewolf) romance with really well-written plots & super snarky protagonists. If nothing else, pick up Vamplayers because that book finally got me to include a "vampire" label to my blog! Rusty Fischer is one of those writers where I don't even have to read the synopsis to know I will LOVE the book.


Why do you like reading?
I LOVE reading because it is an absolute escape from reality if done properly. And what I love to read is YA dystopian fiction. I am such a sucker for how authors think the world might end or be re-born under some kind of tyranny. And I love seeing who authors will design to overcome these extreme obstacles & how they grow from the average, everyday person into a hero.

image from make money in life

If you wrote a YA novel what would it be about?
I've actually written a LOT of YA novels (though never published). I have 8 so far just sitting on shelf collecting dust. But I do have 2 WIPs (works in progress) and one is about a girl who finds out she's a vampire's worst nightmare (my answer to the overabundance of vampire novels where the vampire is the top of the food chain) and the other is about a house that seems to have a life of its own & starts acting up during a weekend party (my nod to Agatha Christie's great "house" mysteries like And Then There Were None where all the characters were trapped in a house in the country where murders were taking place).


If a book was written about your life what would it be called?
That's a tough one. Um. I've actually thought about that some & have gone through different incarnations of that idea. One was "Missionary Dieting: A Story About My Interactions With The Girls Who Eat Salad" and another was "Life With Mama" but those were written by someone else in my life at the time. What I'd really like a book about my life to be titled would be "An Addict's Guide to Snark, Social Media, & Being Everyone Else's Cheerleader."


We are so grateful that Jenny took time to answer our questions, thank you Jenny! Don't for get to pop over to Jenny's blog Into The Morning Reads and you can also follower her on twitter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me, guys. I really enjoyed answering the questions! :)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater