Sunday 14 August 2011

In my mailbox #22




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted every Sunday over at The Story Siren. A great meme which allows bloggers to share what they receive/buy/borrow each week.





Ok, so here's my very first IMM - woohoo!! I wasn't sure that I would have a lot to say today because I spent the first half of the week at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival - wrong! I decided to take the one book with me (Divergent which is a re-read), thinking that I would probably squeeze a chapter in here and there, between shows, before I crashed for the night etc but that was so not the case. I left for Scotland with one book and came back with four! All I can say is thank god the passenger in front of me got his case stuck in the device that measures luggage. But for that a certain no-frills airline would probably have charged me a fortune! The good news was that I loved each and every one of them!



For Review:




Title: The Sleepwalkers
Author: J Gabriel Gates
Published: October 2011
By: HCI Teens
Source: netgalley







Privileged and popular Caleb Mason is celebrating his high school graduation when he receives a mysterious, disturbing letter from his long-lost childhood playmate, Christine. Caleb and his jokester friend Bean decide to travel to his tiny hometown of Hudsonville, Florida, to find her. Upon arrival, they discover the town has taken a horrifying turn for the worse. Caleb's childhood home is abandoned and his father has disappeared. Children are going missing. The old insane asylum has reopened, and Christine is locked inside. Her mother, a witch, is consumed with madness, and Christine's long-dead twin sister whispers clues to Caleb through the static of an A.M. radio.

The terrifying prophesies of the spirits are coming to pass. Sixteen clocks are ticking; sixty-six murdered souls will bring about the end of the world. As Caleb peels back layer after layer of mystery, he uncovers a truth more horrible than anything he had imagined, a truth that could only be uttered by the lips of the dead.
Am now about a third of the way through the books and things are certainly starting to heat up! Review to follow soon....

So that's me! What have you guys been up to this week?



9 comments:

Liz. R said...

Divergent is amazing, isn't it? I've re-read it as well, it's just too awesome not to! Hereafter looks great too, and I love the sound of The Sleepwalkers. Happy reading! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Divergent to pieces! Not long till Insurgent now.....

The sleepwalkers is getting darker by the page, I'm really enjoying it. It's completely different from the things I usually read.

Grace Fonseca said...

Old follower. Don't feel bad. I haven't read Divergent yet either. Like seeing what books people get. Old follower just saying hello. Hopping through the blogs.

Unknown said...

AHHH! Divergent looks so SHINY! I really should read this book, I'm probably the only blogger that hasn't!

Awesome books this week!

lisa
www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

Jade @ Chasing Empty Pavements said...

I want to read Divergent like whoa bad. New follower! www.chasingemptypavements.com

Anonymous said...

Hi followers old and new!

I would absolutely recommend Divergent to everyone - Fave book of the year so far, followed by the last of the Hunger Games trilogy followed by Wherever you go by Heather Davis which I reviewed last week (?). I felt like I'd watched the death scene from Marley and Me on a loop by the time I'd finished reading!!

Sally @sallysmurf

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

I loved Divergent! And Die For Me!!! :D They were awesome!!

TG said...

Die For Me and Hereafter are two that I really want to read. I enjoyed reading Divergent, too and if you bought Mockingjay, you must have wanted a good cry!

Anonymous said...

I loved Die For Me because I've spent a few days in Paris so it was easy to create the atmosphere that it's set in. As for Mockingjay, a little bit of my Team Peeta heart was ever so slightly crushed!! Also Team Four of course, although I'm starting to wonder how many teams I can belong to!!

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater