Saturday 11 June 2011

On My Wishlist #5


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It is a list of the books I want but don't yet have. The books can be old, new or forthcoming.



Timeless (Timeless, #1)

Title: Timeless
Author: Alexandra Monir
Published: January 2011
Series: Timeless #1

When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.



Betrayal (The Descendants #1)

Title: Betrayal
Author: Mayandree Michel
Published: April 2011
Series: The Descendants #1

Where there is love and power, there is always... betrayal.

At seventeen, Cordelia is an ordinary teen with an extraordinary and frightening secret. A secret that induces vivid dreams which she not only experiences true love, but crippling fear while barely escaping with her life each night.

After a life altering event, Cordelia has an unexpected encounter with Evan, the mysterious boy from her dreams, who reveals who and what she is, a descendant of the Greek gods. At that moment everything she knows of her world is a lie, and she must leave the present and go into the past to assume the role she was put on this earth for, safeguarding her ancient empire amidst evil forces that toil hastily to destroy it.

In a race against time, Cordelia must decide if she is truly a part of this dangerous world, or risk defying the gods, and ultimately lose the boy who has put a claim on her heart.

6 comments:

The Novel Nymph said...

I want to read Timeless too. Great picks.

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

I like those Im writing them down now ,,,thanks for sharing
Jen

Amy said...

Timeless is one I want to read too. I just finished Betrayal, I have a review up on my blog if you're interested. Happy reading!

Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-my-wishlist-55.html

Unknown said...

These both sound really good - I have Timeless in my TBR pile, but Betrayal is going on my wishlist (I seem to be adding a lot of god and goddess books lately).

Nice list, I hope you get to read these soon!

My Wishlist

Mysteriousrose said...

Great books! They sounds very interesting and I really want to read Timeless too.
Thank you for sharing:-)

Have a great day.

My wishlist

Mysteriousbooks

Mysteriousrose said...

Forgot to say that I'm your newest follower, I really like your blog:-)

Post a Comment

We are very thankful that you take the time to comment, we love to hear your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater